Law Enforcement Liaison
Purdue Pharma L.P.’s Law Enforcement Liaison & Education (LELE) department provides training to police and sheriffs’ departments, government agencies, prosecutors’ offices, college campus police departments as well as physicians, pharmacists and allied healthcare professionals. These trainings are conducted by former drug diversion investigators, each of whom have more than 20 years of experience investigating pharmaceutical diversion and healthcare fraud.
Training programs are tailored to the needs of the audience and can cover topics such as:
- Current trends in diversion and abuse of controlled substances;
- How to recognize and prevent common diversion scams and drug-seeking behavior, such as doctor shopping or prescription fraud;
- A review of current federal laws and regulations governing prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances;
- Understanding appropriate versus suspected inappropriate prescribing practices; and
- RxPATROL: Pharmacy safety and security.
To learn more about Purdue Pharma’s support capabilities for law enforcement, contact the Corporate Security Department at 203-588-6926 or LELEPrograms@pharma.com.
Law Enforcement Grants
Purdue Pharma sponsors the NADDI Law Enforcement Grant program to help address prescription drug diversion and to put more resources in the hands of law enforcement to help combat prescription drug abuse and diversion. The LE Grant Program is designed to recognize law enforcement agencies that have achieved excellence in the investigation of pharmaceutical diversion. This may be for a particular event, or for an overall program of enforcement or prevention programs, or a combination of both. The maximum amount of this grant is $5,000. Click here for more information.
Rx Safety Matters also provides a downloadable Resource Guide for Law Enforcement & Government:
Next, learn about Technical Assistance.